Sunday, October 25, 2009

Final Romance board


Romance

I started looking for Romance fashion images as soon as we had our first meeting as I had the idea in my head and I knew the kind of images we all were imagining!

With out Romance theme we had the idea of trying to find images to convey the idea of falling and being in love so I started looking out for very feminine fashion, soft sheer fabrics and soft pastel colours to reflect that naïve innocence.

Valentino’s collection was very in sync with all the fabrics, colours and detail and reflected the romance theme really well using lots of soft tones such as nude, gold, rose, lavender and gray. They said in the review of the show that ‘they wanted to tell a new fairy tale’.

The more designers I started looking at I found more exciting, inspiring images.

For example Victor & Rolf s collection is a very exaggerated romance style fashion and some of the colours are quite strong but still the details they’ve used such as big ruffles and huge pleats to create amazing shapes that are really inspiring.

The fabrics I thought would reflect the theme best were lots of soft fabrics that we could create lots of amazing ruffles such as organza, silk, satin and tulles.

Also the main colours I thought worked best were the nudes, lilacs, gray’s and peachy pinks.


1 comment:

  1. I cant get the underlining off for some reason ahh! x soph

    ReplyDelete